Saturday, February 7, 2009

I Hate Handling Money

I've always known it is not in my 'karma' to ever be rich. What I've ever really hoped for was to have enough to pay the bills and and have a little extra to buy a few things without going into the hole. While I was working full time, that's what I had. I thought I managed my money ok and did not over-extend. Now I'm retired, and it's a different world!

First of all, even though I get both retirement benefits and social security, my income dropped by a chunk! That cushion I had depended on is gone, and my expenses have gone up. The story is not new, or unique, but it is annoying!!

Just when I think I'm beginning to get on top of things, something stupid happens, like my water heater dying. I discovered it had been leaking for some time and had damaged a section of the floor near it. So what's the problem? Call the insurance man. I did, and learned that I had no insurance!! I thought I had arranged to have my premiums paid automatically from a specific account at my bank! Wrong! I don't know what I did or did not do, but that wasn't happening. So again, just when I was thinking I was getting on top of things, another bill is added to my credit card. Aaaaaarrgggghhhhh!! Where's that wealthy widower I've been waiting for? Never mind. I'm too tired to deal with a husband again.

And yes, I would like some cheese with my whine - camembert, if you please.

No comments:

Post a Comment