Friday, May 8, 2009

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world...


Yesterday I drove up to the Family History Library in Salt Lake City. It was a beautiful spring day, the kind you hope for in May. I noticed the mountains surrounding Utah Valley and those surrounding Salt Lake Valley. It's been about a week since the last snow storm, and there is enough left on the peaks to set off the their sculptural features. The sky was bright blue, no clouds to be seen, and no smog in the valleys - a rare day, one to be treasured!

I would like to have taken some photos of the mountains, but I was driving on I-15, and they frown on you when you stop at the side of the road. (Maybe I'll go back and just drive the frontage road.) When I got to the Library, I was again awed by the beauty of the flowers gracing the entry way and in other strategically placed flower boxes. This time I could park my rolling briefcase and fish out my camera for a few shots. Here's a sample of what I saw. The open, red-striped tulips are about 6 inches in diameter!

All morning today a Primary song has been singing in my head: "... I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment